Tuesday, January 4, 2005

UNNOTICED

Within the heart of every human being is the desire to be noticed. We try to do our best and excel for the reward of being acknowledged. We want to feel loved and needed. Whether it is career or romance, it is part of our human nature to want to belong and be appreciated. That is why we work so hard! We perform!



If despite all the things we did, we remain unnoticed and unappreciated; we become bitter toward that person whom we are trying to impress. This is very sad. And the worst part is … we feel bad about ourselves. We think we failed.



The bible teaches the opposite – we are commanded to do things in secret. If we are to give to the needy or to pray, we must do these things in secret and our Father who is in heaven sees these things and will reward us. We are commanded to please not men but God. We can please God as we do things by His strength and for His glory alone.



Jesus Christ Himself was applauded and loved by the people when he performed miracles but He did not entrust Himself to men for He knew what was in men (John 2:23-25) .



I guess it is better to do things for our God who is the Almighty Creator for He alone sees everything. Nothing can escape His eyes – no matter how small the things we do, it is noticed by HIM. Everything is fair in Christ for He is righteous in His judgments. So, we should do our best for the Lord for He alone is worthy. As we do so, we are reaping an eternal treasure where moth and rust cannot destroy. Nothing in this world can compare to that!!!




I wished I've known this earlier in my life....but who cares? At least, I know it now and as my favorite line from the movie Princess Diary I says “...because you saw me when I was invisible” … Yes God saw me when I was invisible to the rest of the world. And I strive to live my life now performing to the audience of One - by faith and by His grace!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment