Sunday, January 23, 2005

In times like this... I need....



There are times when I'd say these lines -



"My work is not fulfilling..."



"I only do this because it is being asked of me."



"I want to do other things."



If I be honest about this, these lines are made out of a self-centered heart. Notice that these senti lines are rooted from a desire to do other things just because I want it or just because I feel like I am not satisfied with what I am getting. This doesn't emerge from a heart that longs to glorify God.



Well, living in this world would really cause me to feel this way because the world has so many things to offer that is pleasing to the eyes. When this happens, I know I've lost sight of God and I am living this life not anymore by faith but by sight. I have to renew my heart regarding this pilgrimage towards the celestial city and to be content with where I am knowing that God is always faithful and will not lack anything good from me. As my Father, He always gives me what I need and for my best.



When I begin to desire for something I don't have, loneliness is created and a sense of discontentment fills my heart. I feel empty. From the world's point of view, I am encouraged to do what I want and what feels good. In a sense, I've tried this but after doing what I want... the sense of emptiness comes back. So, I would do more... but the sense of emptiness still comes back. Nothing can truly satisfy. Parang I am just trying to escape my situation.



The Bible teaches me a different way to have my heart satisfied - to run to God and let Him fill me. Surely, it works! Jesus knows me more than anyone or more than I know myself. He created me for His glory. He gives me peace that passes all understanding and allow me to experience His unconditional love.



Only Jesus can quiet my heart. Only Jesus is worth living for!





No comments:

Post a Comment