Monday, January 17, 2005

Still sick





It seems like my world stopped! I can't do my scheduled tasks. I can't perform well. Waaaah!!! I miss my life, my healthy life .... ooopppssss ... did I say that? That reveals my heart - I miss my life...



In one sense, there is something wrong with that 'heart'.



I miss my life but do I miss God during the time that I am not sick and so glorify Him in the things I do? Sometimes, I can get so busy performing my tasks even doing things for God but being busy for God is different from being busy with God. The first may mean that I am just busy doing things that are godly - church activities or even spiritual disciplines like prayer and quiet time half-heartedly. The second means I am busy with the person - with God and I am actually doing the first not with my own strength but with God's strength and wisdom.



Or, I may be wanting to get healed because I don't like the discomfort this sickness is bringing me. (What a motive for askin' - Remember Jesus suffered!) I cannot hide the fact that my sickness irritates me...but I can pray and ask God to heal me according to His will and I can remember what Jesus had to go through...it cannot be compared with my ubo, sipon and lagnat.



In fact, even when I am sick, I can live life. I can still glorify God by how I react to my situation and with the people around me.



Psalm 63:3 - God's love is better than life!!! That is why, in sickness or in health, all is well as long as I am in right relationship with God and I am experiencing His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment