Friday, December 1, 2006

Home Sweet Home

It is nice to be back home. After almost 3 months, I can say that I am now home and indeed, “there is no place like home.”

Three months? Yep! Because I had adjustments to make as I live my life back here. Since I have no car, I need to make my way to the office by commuting – taxi, crowded MRT, traffic, pollution and busy streets. These are just the physical aspect of the adjustments I have to make. How about emotional? And this concerns personal struggles, issues and concerns in family, work relationships, church and friends. It is difficult and ... hurting (can't get into details)... but sanctifying and heart-changer as I learn to trust and depend on God. God meant all things for good!

Let me share with you some of the first things I did -

Fellowship with YAYA - a group of Christian women in our church who are or were once ATEs (older sisters) in the youth fellowship. This is just how we call ourselves - a name.



This is how Niss showed me that she missed me - By squeezing me so hard!!!


Second, I went back to our Youth fellowship. I thought God maybe bringing me into a new ministry but God showed me that I am staying in the youth fellowship and with the young people – which makes me feel younger – Haha!






Then, I went back to my usual routine of going to church every Tuesday for cell, Friday (1st and 3rd of the month) for youth workers' meeting, Saturday for the youth fellow and Sunday for the worship service. I had the chance to share with them some of the stories, gimmicks and learnings I had in OH.



My life here is jam-packed with church activities and get-together with family and friends – pretty busy life ha? Hehe! But I think – these are the things that make home sweet home. It is nice to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment