Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Wounds of the Heart

Have you ever committed a sin and still reaping the consequences of it?

Don't get me wrong! God forgives us because He is faithful and just to cleanse us as we confess our sins and repent from it. But consequences of it could be very damaging in one's spiritual walk.

Yes... I have lots of those but there's one that is very real to me now. I regret the sin and the memories that comes along with it. If I could do something to change it.. If I could rewind it, I would have been guarded and applied the lessons I learned from my love guru - oh the matters of the heart!

I remember my discipler back in College when she said that the reason I wasn't into a relationship yet that time was because I am the type of person that easily falls - and God was preserving me.

God is good because He has not let me fall in this area many times and the situation I had wasn't very deep - God has still preserved me despite my unfaithfulness back in 2001.

I guess this will be forever wound of my heart. Even if the wound is there, I pray that may it be used to break my heart before the Lord and cause me to be humbled... Trusting that all is well with my soul and God is good (Romans 8:28).

I praise God because He knows what I am going through right now and He is embracing me, teaching me to fix my eyes on Him, the author and finisher of my faith...yes, even this wounds are His good, pleasing and perfect will to sanctify me which is of eternal value.

No comments:

Post a Comment